The magic of making super thick, rich and creamy hot chocolate is in hand-made cashew milk. You will need to strat preparing it at least day in advance. Don't be lazy in using pre-maid stuff from your store, it won't give you same results. The homemade cashew milk thickens when it heats up giving this drinking chocolate a texture similar to a pudding. You can sip it, dip things in it or eat it with a spoon!
Use your favourite bean-to-bar chocolate to make it extra special!
- 1 cup homemade cashew milk (recipe below)
- 2 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar or coconut sugar
- Heat the cashew milk on medium-low heat, whisking constantly.When it starts to bubble on the edges, add the chocolate and coconut sugar. Whisk constantly until chocolate is fully melted.
- The whole process should take about 5 minutes. The mixture will continue to thicken as it cools.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 3 cups water
- 2 pitted dates
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
- pinch of salt